Senior Software Engineer, APAC - China [Newton, US]
Job ID #: 11868
Location: USA - MA - Newton
Functional Area: Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
The Senior Software Engineer, APAC China will be a core member of the engineering team for DaoDao.com, TripAdvisor's site in China. You will be part of a distributed team that drives the key product decisions and engineering efforts to gain insights and capture the rapidly evolving and growing Chinese travel market. We're looking for entrepreneurial and creative engineers to join a team of talented, passionate developers.
The APAC China Engineering Team is primarily responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining the features and infrastructure that DaoDao.com users interact with every day. As a Senior Software Engineer, APAC China, you will:
• Work closely with our product, design and sales teams to define feature specifications.
• Coordinate with the local (Newton) and remote (Beijing) engineering teams.
• Design complex systems at the component level, and integrate them into site's ecosystem.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Self-learner who can work on anything and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, startup environment.
• Passion for developing great web products end-to-end.
• Experience in leading small and medium sizes engineering teams.
• Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English.
• Must have working knowledge of the following:
o Design and code high-volume software primarily using Java.
o Strong working knowledge of Linux, Apache, and SQL
• Prior experience in collaborating with remote product and engineering teams a plus.
• Prior experience in web product development targeting China market a plus.
TripAdvisor is proud to be listed as the #5 top Top Tech Company To Work For by Business Insider!
TripAdvisor is an equal opportunity employer.